WONDERLAND WIZARDS YOUTH HOCKEY
Mite Cross Ice Game Format
The Wonderland Wizards Youth Hockey Association will use the following format when hosting required CHC cross-ice games at the Mite A and B travel team level where possible.
- Two half-ice games will be played concurrently.
- Each team will be divided into two smaller teams, each having a goaltender.
- Play will be 4 on 4 plus a goaltender.
- There will be a 3:00 warm-up period with opposing teams in their respective zones.
- Teams will play two (2), 20:00 mini games with 2:00 in between games (the home team will rotate opponents).
- The scoreboard horn will sound every 2:00 to indicate a line change.
- The clock will continue to run during changes.
- Players for both teams will share the bench on their half of the ice.
- Face offs will be used to start each game and following each goal.
- No referees will be used. One coach from each team will manage the game in each zone.
- A penalty shot will be awarded if a scoring chance is negated by a clear penalty (trip, etc.).
- Penalties other then on a scoring chance will not be called but pointed out to the player by their coach.
- No score will be kept.
- At the end of the 2nd 20:00 minute period there will be a shootout with all goalies participating.
- Four regulation sized nets. If 4 goalies are not available, we will use mini hockey goals without goalies where needed.
- Borders to divide the ice at the center red line.
- Scoreboard (for time only).
- Blue pucks.
- Score sheets should be completed indicating a 0-0 score and mailed to the CHC Mite Director.